Our client, a small sized Law Firm located in the Downtown core, is growing and looking to add a Legal Assistant to join their team. This is a full-time permanent opportunity that offers a great work atmosphere, opportunity for growth and a dynamic environment.
Although this is a remote position, in office meetings will be required at least once per month; therefore, only candidates residing in the Ottawa area will be considered.
Why work for this organization:
- Health and dental benefits after probation (100%)
- RRSP match after 1 year of service
- Fitness credit
- Work from home
- 12 personal days per year
- Centrally located
- Reputable organization
- Paid professional development
- Family feel
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support 2 Lawyers by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, appointments and conferences
- Draft basic letters and transcribe documents containing correspondence, memoranda and docket sheets
- Proofread all documents, correspondence and memoranda to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar and punctuation and make changes for lawyer review
- Prepare finalized legal documents
- Coordinate monthly billings with the billing clerk
- Receive, screen and transmit telephone calls, e-mails, conference calls and messages to lawyers
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Process courier shipments
- Maintain client files € Ensure files are closed and stripped before going to off-site storage
- Complete client intake forms Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations; managing undertakings and refusals
- Billing the files once they are settled and closing the files
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must live in Ottawa, Ontario (Candidates residing outside of the Ottawa area will not be considered)
- Minimum 1-2 years€ experience as a Legal Assistant mandatory
- Litigation experience is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure considered an asset
- Practice management software € Clio, Prolaw, etc.
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk Diploma considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
Salary: $45,000 - $52,000 per year, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad with your Resume.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 613-565-XPRS (9777) for more information.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Web Reference : AJF/356933679-167
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Express Employment Professionals. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Search4 Jobs in Canada